1. When must you signal before making a turn?
A. At least 100 feet.
2. How close may you park to a corner?
A. 25 feet.
3. How close may you park to a stop sign?
A. 50 feet.
4. How close may you park to a fire hydrant?
A. 10 feet.
5. What is the stopping distance on a dry road at 50 MPH?
A. 243 feet.
6. What is the proper distance you may park from a curb?
A. 6 inches.
7. What are the penalties for driving without insurance?
A. Suspension of driver's license and registration and fines.
8. Serious accidents causing death, injury or $500 damage
must be reported in 5 days to?
A. Division Motor Vehicles.
9. Points are only issued for?
A. Moving violations.
10. When will you be given a proposed License Suspension Notice?
A. When you have received 12 points.
11. What is the penalty for driving with a suspended license?
A. $500-$1,000 fines and imprisonment up to 6 months.
12. What is the penalty for not telling the truth when applying for a license?
A. Not less than a $200 fines and/or up to 6 months in jail.
13. Up to 3 points may be subtracted from your record if you
receive no moving violations for how long?
A. 1 year.
14. What is the penalty for refusing to take the breath test?
A. 6 months to 2 years license suspension. [should be: “7months to one year”]
15. Who is responsible if a student commits a traffic offense?
A. Both the student and the instruction or licensed driver.
16. What should you do it approaching a steady yellow or ambersignal?
A. Stop before entering the intersection if possible.
17. What is a good practice while driving?
A. Keep from looking at any one thing for more than a few seconds.
18. what is the proper lane to turn into when making a left turn?
A. The lane nearest the center in the direction you are heading.
19. When drivingat night you should be able to stop how?
A. Within the distance you can see ahead.
20. Where should you position the car to make a left turn from a two-way street?
A. The lane nearest the center of the road.
21. What is a good practice when nearing an intersection?
A. Slow down and be prepared to stop.
22. What is the purpose of traffic laws?
A. To protect you and other drivers.
23. If there is no ``No turn on red'' sign,when can you make a turn on red?
A. After making a full stop and yielding to traffic.
24. If you feel or hear an unusual thumping noise while driving it may be:
A. The tires.
25. What is the best advice if your car is stranded in a heavy snow storm?
A. Stay with your car.
26. What is a good practice when driving in the city?
A. Check intersections ahead for signals.
27. What must you do if you want to turn left at a traffic light?
A. Yield to the oncoming traffic.
28. If the front of your car vibrates, the problem may be with your?
29. Which do two parallel white lines across the road mean?
A. Pedestrian crosswalk.
30. Which lights should you use when driving in fog?
A. Low beams.
31. What papers must you have when operating a motor vehicle?
A. License, registration and Insurance card.
32. When should you use horn?
A. If you are driving out of an alley.
33. Why should you use seat and should belts?
A. They increase your chances of surviving an accident.
34. When may you pass on the right?
A. If the car in front is turning left and there is a lane for driving on the right.
35. What does a flashing red light mean?
A. Stop, proceed with caution.
36. What does agreen light mean?
A. Proceed when safe.